Transformers (2007 film)
Transformers is a 2007 Science Fiction film directed by Micheal Bay and distributed by Paramount Pictures. It is the first film in the Transformers Film Series.
Humanity's fate is uncertain when two organizations of robots from Cybertron, the heroic Autobots and the villainous Decepticons, bring their war to Planet Earth. The robots have the ability to change into different mechanical objects as they seek the AllSpark, the key to ultimate power. Only a human teenager, Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) can save the planet from the evil forces of the Decepticons.
Why There's More to Them Than Meets the Eye
- The acting is great, in terms of both voice and physical acting.
- Amazing special effects thanks to ILM.
- The Decepticons are actually portrayed as threatening villains unlike in the sequels.
- Great music score composed by Steve Jablonsky.
- The idea of a human organization studying the Transformers, Sector 7, is very creative.
- There are plenty of funny moments in the film.
- It spawned memes such as, "ARE YOU USERNAME LADIESMAN217?" and "Shut up grandma! Drink your prune juice!"
- The final battle is great.
- Without it, we would have never gotten Transformers Animated.
- It spawned three good tie-in video games such as: Transformers: The Game and the two DS games: Transformers: Decepticons and Autobots.
The Only Bad Quality
- Wasted potential for Brawl and Bonecrusher.